Plastic Surgery – Not Just for Women
Many people associate cosmetic surgery with women, but they often forget that men seek out cosmetic surgery too. Plastic surgery is not a gender specific procedure, and many men could benefit from plastic surgery.
In fact, the number of cosmetic surgeries for men over the past few years has increased because more men see its benefits. With the latest technology now available, men can undergo a cosmetic procedure with little downtime and correct a variety of problematic areas too.
Statistics on Plastic Surgery for Men
More men today are choosing plastic surgery than ever before. According to Plastic Surgery Info, 15.9 million cosmetic surgery procedures were completed in 2015. Out of those procedures, the surgeries performed on men mostly consisted of:
- Nose Reshaping – Also known as a rhinoplasty. This procedure transforms the nose shape to match the face and proportions more appropriately. It can also correct any structural defects that complicate breathing.
- Eyelid Surgery – An eyelid surgery, known as blepharoplasty, improves the appearance of eyelids. It can be done on the upper or lower lids, and it improves appearance. It can treat everything from baggy under eyes to puffiness to excess wrinkles.
- Breast Reduction – Men can develop extra fatty deposits in their pectoral muscles; therefore, they may seek out a breast reduction (gynecomastia) to flatten and enhance their chest’s contours.
- Liposuction – Liposuction is a one-time surgical procedure that removes excess fat, reshapes problem areas, and can be done in multiple areas of the body – such as the legs, hips, buttocks, back, upper arms, inner knees, love handles, and even the neck.
- Facelift – As men age, they may have sagging skin, drooping foreheads, and other signs of aging. More men are seeking facelifts to keep up their youthful appearance and even their competitive edge in the job market.
When it comes to minimally invasive procedures, these were the top ones noted among men:
- Laser Hair Removal
- Chemical Peel
- Soft Tissue Fillers
Why the Increase in Plastic Surgery for Men in Toronto?
Today, men are taking a bigger interest in their personal appearance. The culture shift means that today’s man does not need that typical rugged appearance. Men can enjoy softer, smoother skin, styled hair, and even take care to avoid early signs of aging.
With the divorce rates increasing, men want to look their best later in life too – which explains the increase in cosmetic procedures as men get older.
Schedule a Consultation for Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto
As a man, you want to look young, keep a competitive edge, and improve your self-confidence. Plastic surgery for men in Toronto is available for many conditions, and meeting with a surgeon from UELC can help you find the perfect procedure for your problem areas.