Breast Augmentation Recovery: Instructions and Tips
Recovery Milestones and Restrictions:
- 2-3 Days After Surgery – Light to moderate pain is usually experienced, which is managed with pain medication. Swelling and bruising in the chest is normal. A surgical bra and compression bandages can help to reduce discomfort and protect the incisions. On day 2, it is ok to have a shower.
- 1 Week After Surgery – After a week, most individuals are able to return to work and perform light activities. It is advised to avoid bending, lifting, and any strenuous movement. At this point, you will likely return to your doctor for a post-op appointment.
- 2 Weeks After Surgery – By the two-week mark, most people feel pretty normal and can begin to return to their normal activities, including having baths. Vigorous exercise should be avoided.
- 4 Weeks After Surgery – Most individuals often feel well enough at this point to begin to exercise. Anything that specifically targets the chest should be avoided.
- 6 Weeks After Surgery – After six weeks, the recovery process is complete. The implants are fully settled, and the patient can exercise as normal, sleep how they wish, and wear the bra of their choosing.
Tips for a Speedy Recovery
- Follow post-procedure instructions.
- Attend all post-op appointments.
- Wear the recommended surgical bras & garments.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep.
- Eat light & healthy meals and drink plenty of liquids.
- Take a full week off from work.
- Wear loose fitting clothing
- Avoid raising your arms.
- Sleep on your back using pillows to prop yourself up.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach or side for 6 weeks after the procedure.
- Limit physical movements that can make the breasts bounce until you have fully healed.
Schedule A Free Consultation with A UELC Specialist
If you are considering having a breast augmentation procedure, contact us to schedule a free Personal Consultation with the specialists at UELC. We’ll be happy to discuss your options and goals, as well as answer any questions you may have to help you achieve your desired outcome. For more information, visit our FAQ page.
You might also be interested in the following articles regarding breast augmentation: