Neck Lift Surgery
The neck is often one of the first areas to start showing signs of age. Exposed to sun and wind, it tends to get less attention than the face. The result is usually loose skin, muscle banding, or excess fat as people get older. If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your neck, you might want to consider a Neck Lift Surgery in Vaughan. The professional plastic surgeons at UELC can provide a thorough consultation and discuss your desired outcome. With personal attention and a customized cosmetic solution, our staff can design a neck lift or face lift procedure to ease your insecurities and help you see a confident, attractive self when you look in the mirror.
What is a Neck Lift?
Before undergoing a neck lift procedure, it is important to understand what is involved and what makes an individual a good candidate for the procedure. Read our basic guide to neck lifts below or contact our cosmetic clinic to get answers to your questions.
Here is what you need to know about neck lift surgery:
- Targeted Treatment – This surgery targets the neck and is performed to remove muscle bands that develop in the neck, tighten excess skin or “jowls”, and remove the “double chin” or fat tissues.
- Good Candidates – Patients must be in overall good health in order to be eligible for treatment. Younger patients are usually better suited to the surgery, and typically those between age 30-60 experience the best results. People who have good skin tone, but are unhappy with the appearance of excess fat and muscle laxity usually have the most aesthetic outcome.
- Procedure – Once the appropriate anesthesia has been selected, the procedure will begin with a small incision. The muscle layer will be tightened while excess fat and skin is removed. Stitches will be put in place to make the incision as small and inconspicuous as possible.
- Recovery Time – You will need a friend or family member to take you home once the anesthesia has worn off. Your head should be elevated while you sleep and you should only engage in low-impact, non-strenuous activities for the first few days. You will be given a compression neck band that is removable, and you should wear it as much as possible to decrease swelling and accelerate healing. Bruising may be visible for up to 2 weeks after surgery. Many patients return to (non-strenuous) work after one week. You will be required to check in with your plastic surgeon to remove stiches and monitor your healing.
- Scarring – A small scar may be visible, but it is usually hidden under the chin. Very few people who have undergone the procedure, or their friends and family, notice the scar once it has healed.
- Risks – The procedure is fairly low risk but, as with any surgery, there is the possibility of complications. Hematoma, or a collection of blood underneath the skin may occur. Numbness may be experienced at the site of incision, and patients who go to inexperienced or uncertified plastic surgeons may experience neck tightness.
Visit UELC for a Consultation and Experienced Neck Lift Surgery
The skilled team at UELC can answer your specific questions about neck lift surgery. After assessing your face and neck, overall health, and determining your goals for a refreshed appearance, we can determine the right procedure. A neck lift, face lift, or combined procedure may be appropriate to address your concerns. If you have other areas of your face or body that are showing signs of aging that you would like to change, we can discuss your options and provide a wide range of treatments.
*Individual Results May Vary