Enzyme Peel versus Chemical Peel: Which is Right for Your Skin?
The world of skin care today is vastly different from a decade ago. Today, you have more options than ever to rejuvenate your skin, reopen pores, and even turn back the clock. Peels are one of the more popular skincare treatments because they are done in-house in a single visit and can dramatically improve your skin.
Two popular options are enzyme and chemical peels. While they may sound very similar, they have their differences. In fact, the only similarity is that both work to remove dead skin cells and leave your skin smoother and brighter.
What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels come in various strengths and the strength of the treatment you choose will determine the outcome. They are safe for most skin types, and they work to remove the dead and damaged layers of skin to give your skin a refined finish.
Some benefits of a chemical peel include:
- Restoration – Chemical peels are designed to restore and rejuvenate. You will notice your skin is youthful, vibrant, and blotches seem to disappear.
- Reduces Acne – A light chemical peel is designed specifically for acne sufferers. It helps improve the appearance of acne scars, reduces the effects of skin damage, and improves skin texture.
- Removes Surface Wrinkles – A medium chemical peel can also improve acne, but is better suited to smooth out surface wrinkles and fine lines. Medium peels also improve the age spots.
- Erases Deep Wrinkles – Deep chemical peels improve sun damage, eliminate the deep and coarse wrinkles, and can even prove useful to remove pre-cancerous growths.
What is an Enzyme Peel?
Enzyme peels offered in our Toronto clinic are gentler than chemical peels. They are designed to speed up the natural reactions in your skin while exfoliating dead skin cells.
Some benefits of an enzyme peel include:
- Safe for All Skin Types – Natural enzyme peels are popular because they are safe for all skin types and have lower risks of a reaction compared to chemical peels.
- Natural Ingredients – Enzyme peels are refreshing, and popular ingredients include papaya, blueberries, pomegranate, and pineapple extracts.
- Improve Natural Chemical Reactions – When an enzyme peel is used on your skin, it accelerates the natural chemical reactions from deep within the cells. It encourages your skin to bring forth plump, new cells in place of the dead, old cells.
- Promote Youthful Skin – Enzyme peels also serve to remove fine lines, wrinkles, dead skin, age spots, stretch marks, and other imperfections like chemicals peels do.
Schedule a Consultation for Your Enzyme or Chemical Peel in Toronto
To see if you are a candidate for an enzyme or chemical peel, meet with a skincare specialist from UELC. Our experts will assess your skin’s current condition and help choose the right peel based on your unique needs.