How Much Does Blepharoplasty or Eyelid Surgery Cost?
Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is a procedure that can help you have a more youthful appearance by removing the excess skin and tissues surrounding the eyes. If you have drooping or saggy skin, puffiness, bags under the eyes that give you a stressed or tired appearance, this procedure can help you tighten the skin and get rid of the extra fat. If you have doubts about the surgery, it helps to know that thousands of Canadians have benefited from this procedure. In addition to cosmetic purposes, this is also an excellent way to correct vision problems that result when the skin on the upper eyelid droops and obstructs the vision.
If you are considering eyelid surgery, read on to learn more about this procedure, including the advantages and the average cost of the blepharoplasty so that you can make an informed decision.
What are the Benefits of Eyelid Surgery or Blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery has the following significant benefits:
- It helps to enhance your appearance by improving the look of your eyes.
- Blepharoplasty is the right procedure if you are looking for a way to get rid of the extra tissues and fat around your eyes.
- The surgery helps to improve your vision by removing any excess skin around the eyes, so it doesn’t hinder your eyesight.
There are two types of eyelid surgery:
- Western Blepharoplasty – the traditional procedure that helps to accomplish an aesthetically pleasing look by removing the additional fat and tissues from around the eyes.
- Asian Blepharoplasty – also called double eyelid surgery, it can help create a fold in the upper eyelid if you do not have this feature, which can help eliminate eyesight issues and meet aesthetic goals.
How Much Does Blepharoplasty Cost in Canada?
No two blepharoplasty procedures are performed in precisely the same way. Although the goals are mostly similar in all cases, the nature of the eyelid surgery will vary from one patient to another, based on their requirements. This is why the average cost of blepharoplasty in Toronto typically depends on a variety of factors, including the following:
- The goals and what needs to happen during the surgery
- Whether you need surgery only for the upper or lower eyelid or both at the same time
- The financing options available for you. In most cases, the medical professional you consult with can help you arrange a financing option or a payment plan.
When compared to other forms of cosmetic procedures, eyelid surgery in Toronto is typically considered affordable. Moreover, choosing a reputable clinic for the surgery will help ensure you have a smooth experience and guarantee the best results.
Will My Insurance Pay for Blepharoplasty Surgery?
In most cases, insurance policies do not include purely elective surgeries. However, this isn’t always the case, which is why it is best to consult with your insurance company for a detailed explanation. Also, blepharoplasty is not always purely aesthetic, as it also helps to correct vision problems due to drooping eyelids. The eye clinic you choose will have staff to help you understand the essentials, communicate with your insurance provider, and guide you in exploring all the financing options so you can choose the right one.
Schedule an Appointment with Us for Eyelid Surgery in Toronto!
If you are looking for professionals in the Toronto area to help you understand more about blepharoplasty, UELC is the right choice. In addition to this, we also have well-maintained eye clinics in Vaughan, Brampton, and Scarborough. We will listen to your specifications, examine your eyes, perform any necessary tests, and guide you accordingly. Our experts will answer all your questions about undergoing eyelid surgery, including the cost of this procedure, how it may help you achieve your aesthetic goals, and what you should do before and after the surgery, so you know what to expect. We will schedule the procedure at your convenience, depending on the desired outcome and severity of the concern.
For more information about blepharoplasty, feel free to reach out to our specialists by calling 416-653-8352. You could also request a free consultation with our experts by filling out our online contact form. We will be glad to guide you and ensure you enjoy better eyesight.