Is a Hair Transplant the Right Procedure for You?
Premature hair loss, thinning hair, and bald patches were not something you thought you would deal with in your life. Here you are pondering your options, and hoping that you can restore your hair once again.
Luckily, today’s advancements in cosmetic surgery in Toronto have created hair transplants that are safe, effective, and no one will ever know you have had them done!
If you are considering a hair transplant, it is best to examine the pros and cons, and then meet with a surgeon to see if it is the right solution for your hair loss.
The Pros and Cons of Hair Transplants in Toronto
A hair transplant is a surgical technique that takes healthy, new hair follicles from a healthy area of the scalp or body and transplants them to balding areas. Sometimes referred to as hair restoration, these procedures are done in various ways, and only a surgeon can decide which hair transplant type is right for your hair loss.
Here are some pros and cons of this standard procedure:
- Pro: Long-Term Results for Hair Loss – If you are looking for a permanent or long-term solution, hair transplants are your best option. They help men with male pattern baldness and women facing hair loss from hormonal changes.
- Pro: Cost-Effective Solution – When you compare the cost of your hair transplant surgery to the medications and over-the-counter treatments, you save more with surgery. Also keep in mind that medications involve lifetime maintenance costs.
- Pro: Natural Hair Growth Follows – Once your surgery is complete, your new hair follicles continue to grow, which brings long-term solutions.
- Pro: Natural Solutions – When you are done with your treatments, the hair looks natural, and no one would know that the hair was transplanted.
- Pro: Improved Self-Confidence – Premature hair loss can kill anyone’s self-confidence. When you replace missing hair, you are no longer self-conscious about your appearance, your confidence increases, and you do not feel the need to hide your head under hats and scarves.
- Con: Side Effects – As with any surgical procedure, there are risks to a hair transplant. However, these side effects are rare, and they do go away after a few weeks. Itching and swelling are common at the implantation site, and sometimes a patient may get an infection, which is treated with antibiotics.
- Con: Hair Loss – Some hair follicles transplanted might die, known as shock loss.
- Con: Scars – Those with a predisposition to keloid scarring may have some scars following the procedure. If you are prone to scarring, your surgeon can take extra precautions so that they do not remove significant grafts that will show these scars.
Are You a Candidate for Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto?
A hair transplant is safe and effective, but you still need to sit down with a surgeon and see if you are a candidate for this plastic surgery procedure.
Our surgeons in Toronto at UELC can meet with you today for a no-obligation consultation. We will assess your current hair loss and correction goals, then see what type of transplant is best for your situation.
Call 416-653-8352 to schedule your consultation appointment. Contact us online to inquire about a hair transplant in Toronto.