Is it Time for a Mommy Makeover?
Childbirth is natural and beautiful. What happens after that to a mother’s body, however, can leave her feeling a little less in awe. Depending on how many children you have had, your body may respond positively or negatively to the process of carrying a child for 9 long months.
Once you are done having children, you work out, use special creams, but you cannot get rid of the sagging skin, extra fat, and signs of “mommyhood.” Luckily, you have the option to choose a mommy makeover.
A mommy makeover is a type of plastic surgery that groups multiple cosmetic procedures together to restore your pre-childbirth body. The idea of a pre-pregnancy body is great, but is cosmetic surgery necessary?
Top Considerations When Deciding if You Need a Mommy Makeover
The mommy makeover consists of multiple procedures. The only way to determine which procedures you need is to meet with a specialist performing your cosmetic surgery in Toronto. Typically, these makeovers consist of breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and possibly liposuction.
When deciding if a mommy makeover is right for you, consider the following:
- Loose Skin – After pregnancy, your skin may not have the elasticity to go back to where it once was. If you have sagging, loose skin, exercise and “magic” creams will not rid you of that excess. Instead, you may need surgery to cut away the skin and tighten it in place around your muscles.
- Breast Volume – When you are pregnant, your breast size changes dramatically. After you are done having children, you may notice a loss in volume, sagging, or uneven breasts. A breast augmentation can restore your breasts to their youthful size and shape.
- C-Section Scars – A C-section leaves you with a scar just above the pelvic bone that forces excess fat and skin to flap over. Unfortunately, this area is extremely difficult to correct through diet and exercise. A tummy tuck with liposuction can remove the fat and excess skin so that you have a flat stomach again.
- Done Having Children – It is best to only do a mommy makeover if you are done having children. While your new tummy could handle stretching for another child, it can leave you needing a surgical procedure again.
- Ideal Weight – You should reach your ideal weight before having a surgical procedure. Liposuction can help remove excess fat that diet and exercise do not, but you must try hard not to gain weight or lose too much weight after the procedure, because it may compromise your results.
Meet with a Toronto Plastic Surgery Specialist at UELC
To see if you are a candidate for a mommy makeover, or to find out which procedures you need to restore your body, schedule a no-obligation consultation with a UELC surgeon. We will establish a surgical and treatment plan so that you are fully prepared for the process.
To make your mommy makeover a reality, we offer competitive pricing and financing options.