Popular Cosmetic Surgery Procedures for Men
More than ever, men are partaking in cosmetic surgery and enjoying its benefits. While the number of women undergoing procedures is still higher, men are increasingly visiting clinics such as UELC to find a way to become the best version of themselves. As cosmetic surgery is becoming more common, men who are dissatisfied with their appearance and looking to alter it are feeling more comfortable with the idea of undergoing surgical procedures to correct issues holding them back from being confident.
Top Male Procedures Offered at UELC
Whether looking to turn back the clock or create a slimmer, more distinguished profile, here are the five most popular cosmetic surgery procedures men are choosing when coming to our cosmetic surgery office in Toronto:
- Hair Transplant – Male pattern baldness is caused by a mix of hormones and genetic predispositions. It is one of the most common issues men face, with an estimated 1 in 2 men over 50 experiencing some form of male balding. It can occur in younger men as well. A hair transplant procedure moves hair from an area on the head with healthy growth (donor zone) and uses it to fill a space that is lacking hair elsewhere on the scalp.
- Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) – Men opt for this procedure to enhance the overall attractiveness of their face, as rhinoplasty improves the appearance and proportions of the nose relative to the other features. It can also correct breathing issues, and reshape injured noses caused by breaks, helping to straighten them and remove lumps.
- Liposuction – Body weight is a struggle for numerous adults. Many turn to liposuction procedures to help sculpt their body. This procedure can be done on almost any area of the body where fat is stored and is effective for helping to eliminate deposits that have been resistant to any weight loss efforts. While women tend to have this procedure done on their lower bodies, men often select their arms and abdomens.
- Male Breast Reduction – Some men experience what is called gynecomastia, which is the swelling of the breast tissue in males. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including weight gain, certain medications, and hormone imbalances. Many men who experience gynecomastia feel psychological and emotional distress because of their condition and seek cosmetic surgery to correct the problem and regain a masculine appearance to their chest. Our Toronto clinic performs this procedure on an outpatient basis, with minimal swelling, bleeding, and discomfort.
- Injectables – Men who are looking for a younger, softer appearance turn to injectables and fillers. They will often choose Botox to refresh their overall appearance for its abilities to reduce the look of wrinkles, particularly around the eyes, brows, and forehead. Fillers are used to lift the face, and fill deep lines, grooves, and hollows to restore a youthful appearance. Both men and women often get fillers around the eye area to remove the look of dark circles and sunken, tired eyes.
Explore Your Options
With more men realizing the benefits cosmetic surgery can offer them, it is becoming increasingly common to have them come in to UELC for consultations and procedures. The options are available for men to look and feel their best, and they are taking advantage of it.