Popular Questions on Fat Grafting
Over the past few years, fat grafting has become an increasingly popular cosmetic surgery option for individuals wanting a more curvaceous, proportioned body. It can also be done to bring back the fullness of your face and take away the hollowness or sagging that comes from aging. While popular, it is still a relatively new procedure, which means there is plenty of confusion regarding how it is done and the pros and cons. If you are considering fat grafting in Vaughan, it is important you understand what is involved, how it works, and then decide if it is right for you.
The Basics of Fat Grafting
To help you better understand fat grafting, here are a few facts regarding the procedure:
- How is fat grafting done? Fat is removed using a gentle liposuction procedure. The fat is taken from areas that have extra fat, such as the thighs and abdomen. It is then transferred via microdroplet injection into the grafted area.
- How long does it last? Once the grafting is complete, it will take a little time for it to hold, but once it does, it is permanent.
- Am I a candidate for grafting? You do need a specific body type in order to be a good candidate for this procedure. You need enough fat in one area to be transferred to another. If you are athletic or very lean, you may not be a suitable candidate for a fat transfer and instead may need a buttock implant augmentation procedure or butt lift.
- What happens if you lose or gain weight? Grafted procedures are just like any other procedure on the body. So, if you gain or lose weight, the volume of fat you have in those areas will as well.
- Do grafted areas feel natural? The areas that are reconstructed with grafting will feel natural, because it is your body’s own fat and there are no foreign substances used to enhance the area. You can enjoy the radiance and supple glow of a ‘baby face’ after a fat grafting procedure rather than worry about synthetic fillers being injected into your face.
Questions about Cosmetic Surgery? Speak to the Professionals at UELC in Vaughan
Fat grafting is an effective way to reshape and accentuate your body, but the skill and experience of the surgeon performing the procedure matters too. If you are interested in fat grafting, contact the surgeons at UELC today. We can help determine if you are a candidate for fat grafting and go over any special concerns or requirements for your case.
Schedule a consultation with a UELC surgeon today regarding your fat grafting procedure. To make sure you are a suitable candidate, call us at 416-653-8352 or contact us online.