Preparing for Plastic Surgery: Questions to Ask Your Surgeon
People often get overwhelmed and confused when it comes to medical procedures such as plastic surgeries. If you are considering getting cosmetic surgery done, it is recommended that you have a one-on-one consultation with your plastic surgeon. This way, you are knowledgeable of what you’re getting done while feeling safe and assured that you will be satisfied with the results.
6 Plastic Surgery Consultation Questions to Ask Before Your Cosmetic Surgery
We have put together a list of questions to ask your Vaughan plastic surgeon to help you have a clear picture and make it less worrisome and easy for you.
- Are You a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon? – A surgeon will get board certification only after achieving a certain level of expertise, training, and experience in the field. When you know that your surgeon is certified by the board, you can be assured about essential aspects such as their training and commitment to their work and the safety of their patients.
- What is Your Experience in the Industry and How Frequently Have You Performed the Procedure? – If you want to ensure that the plastic surgeon you choose has the potential to deliver the kind of results you want, you must know how frequently they have performed the surgery. The more experienced a surgeon is, the more knowledge they will have in the field. This means that they are likely to have worked with different body types, have the skills and expertise to deliver what you want, and are well versed in the latest techniques.
- Can I See Before and After Photographs? – If you get to see before and after images of patients who have undergone similar surgery previously, you’ll have a better idea of what the procedure itself entails and it will make you feel less anxious about it.
- What Kind of Anesthesia Do You Use? – Knowing about the anesthesia options will help you prepare yourself mentally and physically for the procedure. The surgeons use it based on your needs and the type of surgery. Also, be sure to ask who will be giving it to you because no matter what sort of anesthesia is administered, you’ll be safe with an experienced and knowledgeable anesthetist.
- What is the Recovery Process? – You must understand the details of the recovery process to determine whether it is an appropriate time for you to have surgery. Ask about the recovery process for the first 24 to 48 hours. Ask how much time you should ideally take away from the regular activities such as childcare, work, travelling, and exercise. Discuss any specific restrictions and physical limitations that you may have to follow. Share your concerns with the plastic surgeon to alleviate them before the procedure.
- What Constitutes the Total Cost of the Surgery? – It is wise to understand the breakup of the total cost of your procedure. It will typically consist of the surgeon’s fees, expenses associated with the operating room, anesthesia, and any other materials required, such as implants. The cost for a cosmetic procedure will depend on your specific requirements and goals. In addition to this, the place of surgery can also affect the total price.
Contact the Specialists at UELC for Plastic Surgery in Vaughan
We strive to provide the best treatment for everyone according to their requirements and deliver the result they desire with our complete range of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. We have the best plastic surgeons in Vaughan to help you find the appropriate treatment to satisfy your needs.
For more information about our cosmetic procedures, reach out to our experts by calling 416-639-0731. You could also contact us online. We look forward to discussing your goals and delivering the best possible results.
Also Read: How To Select The Right Plastic Surgeon?