Procedures to Help Treat Acne Scarring
When you suffer from acne or residual acne scarring, it is natural to be concerned about finding a way to treat the issue. With advancements in cosmetic procedures, there are a variety of different ways to treat the condition that can significantly improve the appearance of your skin.
Types of Acne and Scars
- Acne Types: Acne generally appears in one of four forms. These include whiteheads (closed comedones), blackheads (open comedones), standard pimples (pustules), and deeper, more painful cysts (deep nodules).
- Scar Varieties: Acne can leave a variety of scars if it doesn’t heal properly. Macular scars are flat and pigmented. Rolling scars have a soft and wavelike appearance on the skin. Boxcar scars are round or oval shaped but not necessarily very deep. Deep pit and ice-pick scars are sharp and indented and appear as holes in the skin. Hypertrophic scars are raised and pigmented, and keloid scars are thick and raised, often a reddish or purple, and may expand over time.
- Micro Laser Peel: This is a laser peel treatment that removes the outer layers of the skin. It essentially evaporates the undesired layers of skin by heating up the high water content, making it suitable for conditions that are on the superficial layers. Along with wrinkles and discolouration, acne scarring is effectively treated using this method.
- Broad Band Light: Using dual-lamp technology, broad band light treatment delivers different wavelengths to the skin, which helps to stimulate new cell growth in the targeted areas. This new growth will help to restore the skin to its original texture and colour, which will assist with diminishing the appearance of scarring and discolouration left from acne.
- ProFractional Laser: The ProFractional laser treats a variety of issues, such as wrinkles, texture, and scarring. It produces a tightening and lifted effect on the skin and tissue underneath. This treatment helps to stimulate collagen growth, which helps to improve the texture and tone of your skin.
Schedule A Visit with A Specialist At UELC
If you experience acne and are interested in undergoing a procedure to help treat it, contact us now to schedule your free Personal Consultation with a UELC specialist to discuss your options. Our team can work with you to find the right solution for your acne concerns and can help you achieve the results you’re looking for. For more information, visit our FAQ page. We have two locations in Vaughan and Brampton to help serve you better.
You might also want to check our related posts: