Rhinoplasty Candidacy: Would I Benefit from a Nose Job?
If you are concerned about the shape, size and appearance of your nose or your ability to breathe, there are solutions available. The discomfort, insecurity, and health problems caused by your nose may be easily fixed with rhinoplasty. The procedure is very common and can help you look and feel your best. If you are interested in rhinoplasty or another cosmetic surgery in Vaughan, contact UELC at 416-653-8352 for a consultation.
A Nose Job or Rhinoplasty May Be Right for You—Factors to Consider
It isn’t an easy to decision to make, but understanding what makes someone a good candidate for rhinoplasty can help you determine if a nose job may help you. Before making your final decision, be sure to consult a professional cosmetic surgeon in Vaughan who will ask questions, answer your questions, perform an examination and determine if rhinoplasty is right for you. Consider the following:
- Deviated Septum – You will need a doctor to determine if you have a deviated septum causing breathing issues. A rhinoplasty could provide relief and help you breathe easier.
- Prior Injuries – If you have injured your nose playing sports or from another source of impact, it may be sensitive or crooked. Fractured or broken noses often don’t heal back to their original appearance. A rhinoplasty can restore your look and confidence.
- Crooked Nose – As noted above, a crooked nose may indicate the presence of a deviated septum. If the appearance of your nose bothers you and has for some time, rhinoplasty can give you the nose you want.
What to Expect from the Rhinoplasty Procedure
Many people are nervous about surgery however a consult at UELC with the team of experienced cosmetic surgeons to provide you with a range of cosmetic surgery procedures to address the issues with your nose. beautiful results. Here’s what you can expect when you come in for a rhinoplasty:
- Consultation – We would never perform an operation without a thorough consultation with the patient. We take the time to understand your reasons and desired outcomes for the surgery. Based on your goals and the examination, we will recommend options for a rhinoplasty.
- Prepare for surgery – You will be given instructions to prepare for surgery. Patients are asked to abstain from smoking.
- Cosmetic surgery procedure – Most rhinoplasties are performed under local anesthesia and the details of which will be discussed with you beforehand.
- Post-surgery – A splint will be put on the nose and it will be packed to maintain its shape. Patients are sent home on the same day as surgery but will need someone to pick them up and stay with them for the first 24 hours following the procedure.
- Recovery – There are usually few complications beyond bruising, minimal bleeding and swelling. These symptoms typically subside after two weeks. The recovery will be gradual and may require some icing and pain relieving medication.
If you have any further questions or would like more specific information, you can contact UELC and speak to one of our experts. Don’t suffer in pain or with insecurities about your nose. Consider rhinoplasty or other cosmetic surgery options in Vaughan and Brampton.
Find Out if a Nose Job is For You—Consult with a Plastic Surgeon in Vaughan
Whether you have a problem with your nose that has bothered you for a long time, or a recent injury that has led to complications, contact the rhinoplasty surgery professionals at UELC. We are experienced plastic surgeons in Vaughan who offer personalized consultations, procedures and after-care for our clients.
Schedule your consultation for cosmetic surgery in Vaughan. Call us at 416-653-8352.