Things You Must Know About Laser Skin Rejuvenation
The term ‘laser’ seems to overwhelm and scare many people which is why it may be hard for them to comprehend the advantages of laser skin surfacing. It is proven to reduce age spots, wrinkles, acne scars, and other imperfections on the skin. If you’re considering laser skin rejuvenation for yourself, there are a few crucial things that you must know. Read on to learn more about this process.
What Does Laser Skin Rejuvenation Entail?
- When You Opt for Laser Skin Treatment Makes a Difference – Since skin is very sensitive to sun exposure and heat, cosmetic surgeons usually recommend this sort of treatment during cold fall or winter months. This is why autumn is often considered as the ‘laser season.’ Regardless of the time of the procedure, wearing sunscreen every day provides the needed skin protection.
- The Treatment May or May Not Hurt – Although the sensation experienced during the procedure is often similar to a rubber band snapping against the skin, it depends on the type of laser used, the depth and area of treatment, as well as the pain tolerance level of an individual. This is why some of the procedures require a numbing cream to lessen any discomfort while others may need local anesthetic injections.
- People with a Dark Complexion can Undergo Laser Skin Rejuvenation – It is a common misunderstanding that laser skin treatment is not safe for people with darker complexions. Although it is true that some of the lasers may pose a greater risk of discoloration or cell damage in darker skin, there are a variety of safe rejuvenation choices available.
- Who Performs the Procedure can Influence Your Results – Going to a professional for your procedure can help improve the appearance of the skin. Be cautious and wise when choosing a cosmetic surgeon. Also, check whether they have the required certification.
- Specific Health Conditions or Medications can Affect the Results – It is important to be honest and upfront with your surgeon about your medical history including the supplements and medications you may be taking as they can affect the result or hinder the healing process.
- Lasers May Vary According to Skin Type and Concerns – Since there are many skin tones and concerns, there are a variety of lasers available. Each type serves a specific purpose according to what the cosmetic surgeon thinks will be the most suitable decision for an individual.
- It May Take Multiple Treatments – The number of procedures typically depends on the individual’s concerns and skin type. While in some cases a single treatment is enough, for others, multiple procedures may be required to address the concerns appropriately. Once complete, the results last for a long time.
- You May Need Downtime – Although laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive procedure, you may require some downtime depending on your health and healing rate.
Consult a Specialist at UELC to Explore Options with Regards to Laser Skin Treatment in Vaughan
If you are considering laser surfacing to improve the appearance of your skin, you must consult a qualified cosmetic surgeon.
Based on your preferences, concerns, and goals, the experts at UELC will offer support and guide you to the most suitable method of skin treatment. For more information about the procedure and to schedule a free consultation, be sure to contact us. Our specialists will be glad to help you.