Top Things to Consider for Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Laser skin rejuvenation is a popular way to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, remove age spots, and rid your face of blemishes. Lasers are precision tools, which means they can target specific areas and correct facial problems without affecting surrounding skin.
Before you schedule laser skin rejuvenation in Toronto, you should learn more about the procedure. However, the information available can be quite overwhelming.
The best way to familiarize yourself with the procedure, and see if it is right for you, is to schedule a consultation with a UELC surgeon. While you wait for your appointment, you can review common FAQs and see if your pressing questions are answered.
The Most Common FAQs about Laser Skin Rejuvenation
As a patient, you want to be informed. Step back from the hyped-up sales pages for laser skin procedures in Toronto, and review these common questions and answers UELC surgeons hear daily:
- When should you have laser skin rejuvenation done? Laser procedures have an ideal season. Fall is best because the temperatures are cool and the sun’s rays are not as intense as they are in the summer. Therefore, it is easier to recover from laser procedures.
- Does laser skin rejuvenation hurt? Yes, and no. During the procedure, you may have a tingling sensation, which you can confuse as pain. The deeper the treatment must go, the more you will feel these sensations. Non-ablative laser treatments are the least painful, while deeper ablative procedures do cause some discomfort.
- If I have darker skin, can I still receive laser skin rejuvenation? Skin resurfacing is not just for lighter skin tones, but there is a risk for more cell damage when your skin is darker. If your skin is darker, however, you are not without options. Your surgeon might recommend micro needling or radio-frequency treatments.
- Can anyone perform a laser skin rejuvenation treatment? Many providers offer laser treatments, but that does not mean they have the experience or technology to do so. The skill, training and experience of the individual performing the treatment will have a significant impact on the outcome. Therefore, choose your provider with extreme care.
- Will medications or health conditions affect my procedure? Tell your surgeon about any medications (including over-the-counter drugs) you are taking. Some conditions, such as cold sore conditions, can have an adverse effect on your laser treatment.
- Are there different types of lasers used for cosmetic surgery in Toronto? Yes, there are a variety of laser types used today. Each serves a distinct purpose and your surgeon will pick the laser based on your skin type and the desired results.
- Can the rejuvenation treatment be done in a single session? In most cases, you will need multiple appointments to achieve your desired look. Sometimes, a single treatment may take care of most of your concerns, but non-ablative lasers typically require multiple treatments.
Explore Your Options for Laser Skin Rejuvenation During a Consultation
Today, lasers can accomplish dramatic results. However, one laser treatment might work for some, while another one may be better for others. Therefore, the only way to find out if laser rejuvenation is right for you is to schedule a consultation with a UELC surgeon.
During your consultation with our Toronto plastic surgery team, we will discuss your expectations, budget, and needs. Then, we will identify the right treatment plan customized exclusively to you.