What Are the Benefits of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Ready to see clearly without your glasses? Lasik eye surgery is a popular, tried-and-true method for perfecting your vision and can help you leave your cumbersome glasses behind. Avoid fogging lenses during the winter, keeping up with frame styles, and pain on the bridge of your nose. Lasik surgery will take away these annoyances for good.
Not sure if this popular procedure is right for you? Read on to learn more about what makes someone a good candidate for Lasik eye surgery. Contact the team at UELC in Brampton and Vaughan to learn more about your specific concerns. Start seeing clearly and enjoying the beauty of the world – and your face – without the aid of glasses!
What Is Lasik Surgery
Lasik eye surgery is a safe procedure that can provide you with crystal clear vision. Here’s how it works:
- Laser Surgery – Lasik surgery is completed by a laser and is used to correct vision problems, typically those associated with focusing.
- How it Works – The cornea is targeted, where a thin flap is created using the blade-free Intralase laser. The flap is then folded back, allowing the surgeon to remove some corneal tissue. This reshaping of the cornea enables the eye to focus properly on the retina, providing you with clearer vision.
- Procedure and Recovery – If you are apprehensive about surgery, fear not. Lasik procedures typically take as little as 15 minutes per eye and patients do not experience any pain or discomfort. Those who have undergone the treatment can experience corrected vision as quickly as 24 hours after completion.
Are You A Good Candidate for Lasik Eye Surgery?
- Farsighted – Also known as hyperopia, if you suffer from this common vision problem, Lasik could be the right solution for you.
- Nearsighted – Facing the opposite issue and have trouble seeing objects that are far away? Lasik surgery may also be suitable to correct your vision issues.
- Astigmatism – If you have overall blurry vision, Lasik surgery may be the answer. Depending on the degree and specifics of your astigmatism, the team at UELC can determine if Lasik surgery is an appropriate solution.
Book Your Lasik Eye Surgery Consultation in Vaughan or Brampton at UELC
If you have a moderate degree of farsightedness, nearsightedness or astigmatism, contact UELC for a consultation today. The best way to find out if Lasik eye surgery is right for you is to speak with a professional and have our experienced staff perform an assessment. We can recommend the right treatment to correct your vision and schedule your fast and painless procedure. See clearly, look better and be free from the nuisance of glasses or contact lenses!
Contact our experienced staff today to find out more about the requirements, costs and concerns associated with Lasik Eye Surgery.
Find out if Lasik eye surgery is right for your vision problems by booking your appointment with the professional and friendly team at UELC. Call us at 416-653-8352 to schedule your consultation.