What Should You Know About Liposuction?
What is Liposuction Surgery?
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery procedure that helps to remove fat that you can’t seem to get rid of through conventional weight loss methods such as exercising and dieting. A plastic surgeon usually performs the procedure on your belly, hips, thighs, back, buttocks, face, or arms to enhance their appearance and shape. Liposuction can also be combined with other cosmetic surgeries such as tummy tucks, breast reductions, and facelifts.
Things You Must Know About Liposuction
- Are You a Good Candidate for Liposuction Surgery?
To have the desired results after the procedure, you must:
- Have elastic and firm skin
- Be at least within 30% of the ideal weight
- Not smoke before and after the procedure, at least for a few weeks
- Not have health problems such as diabetes, heart conditions, and high blood pressure
- What Should You Expect from the Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
Before the cosmetic procedure, your surgeon may mark the areas of your body for treatment. They may also take photos for comparing the before and after results. Depending on the extent of the procedure, you may either be given local or general anesthesia. In most cases, you may go home on the same day of the surgery, so make sure to have someone drive you home.
- How Long Does It Take to Recover After Liposuction?
The recovery time differs for every patient because it depends on factors such as the number of fat cells removed and the area of surgery. Most people get back to normal activities within two weeks and return to work within a few days. You may expect soreness and swelling in the initial weeks. Your doctor may prescribe some medicines, including antibiotics, to prevent infections.
- Are the Outcomes of the Liposuction Procedure Permanent?
Although liposuction can help remove the fat cells permanently, you may gain weight with new fat cells forming in the body. Thus, liposuction cannot prevent you from gaining weight. Be sure to follow a diet that includes fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, low-fat dairy, and whole grains to maintain your new shape after surgery. It also helps to make healthy lifestyle choices such as exercising regularly.
- Other Details
You must know how to go about with the cosmetic surgery, including the following steps:
- Consult with your surgeon to discuss your needs and goals.
- Inform your surgeon of any medications you take and any allergies you may have.
- Ask questions to get a clear picture of the procedure and the outcome.
- Get proper instructions from your plastic surgeon to prepare for the surgery.
Contact Us for Liposuction Procedure in Vaughan
At UELC, we understand our patients’ needs and care about providing desired results by using safe cosmetic surgery procedures. We have knowledgeable and qualified experts to answer your questions about the surgery and guide you. For liposuction, we use the SafeLipo® technique to help you achieve smooth and natural-looking contours. This method causes minimal bruising and skin dents. It provides a great result with reduced chances of complications.
Posts You Might Be Interested In: