What to Expect After Laser Hair Removal
Shaving, tweezing and waxing can get tiresome and time consuming. Whether you are dealing with hair on your legs, face, back or even neck, you may be a candidate for SCITON’s Forever Bare BBL™ (Broadband Light) hair reduction. This common cosmetic procedure involves beans of concentrated light directed into the hair follicles. As those follicles absorb the light, the hair is destroyed.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Hair reduction can eliminate hair from your legs, arms, face, underarms, bikini area and other areas where you have unwanted hair. Instead of chemical hair removers, the innovative Forever Bare BBL™ procedure can offer:
- Targeted hair removal. The specialist can use the BBL™ to target even coarse hairs and remove them without damaging your skin.
- Faster hair reduction. The procedure usually takes just a few minutes during every session and even larger areas, such as the back, can be completed in less than half an hour. How many sessions you need will depend on the area to be covered and the thickness of excess, unwanted hair.
Preparing for Your Forever Young BBL™ Laser Hair Removal Appointment
If you want to get the most out of your non surgical cosmetic surgery procedure, you will want to prepare. Your specialist will give you a list of pre-procedure tasks, which may include not plucking, shaving or waxing any areas you want treated. This will ensure the BBL™ can target the root, which is otherwise temporarily removed via plucking and waxing. Also, avoid sun exposure for weeks before as well as after your treatment, because sun exposure can limit the effectiveness of the laser treatment.
What to Expect After SCITON BBL™ Laser Hair Removal
Immediately after, the technician may give you ice packs as well as anti-inflammatory creams to help ease any minor discomfort. A few hours to a few days post-treatment, you may experience:
- Redness, pinkness or itchiness on the skin, which is normal. This is because your skin is irritated from the BBL™ targeting the hair follicles. This should usually subside within 24 hours.
- Hair follicles will most likely start shedding a week to three weeks post-treatment. They will look like blackheads or small stubble. By exfoliating, you can remove these follicles so that the hairs can shed themselves faster.
- Minor regrowth. Because the first treatment is not permanent, regrowth will still happen in the areas where hair was in a growing phase and not present. This is why it takes multiple treatments for the procedure to remain permanent.
If you want to make your hair reduction procedure the most effective and potentially decrease how many future treatments you need, you can:
- Wear sunscreen and not go tanning for at least six weeks post-treatment to prevent skin irritation.
- Shave, but do not tweeze or wax so that hair follicles are present for your treatment.
- Exfoliate the treated areas at least three times per week to improve the shedding process.
Schedule a Consultation for Forever Bare BBL™ Hair Removal
Depending on the location of the hair and severity of the growth, you may need multiple courses of treatment to reduce the hair drastically. A specialist at UELC can assess you for this non-surgical cosmetic surgery and give you an estimate of how long it will take as well as go over any potential risks or complications.
Do you have hair in unwanted areas of your body? With our precise Forever Bare BBL™ hair reduction treatment, we can help. We also offer a wide range of other non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Book an appointment at our clinic today.