How to Prepare for Your Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Augmentation mammoplasty, or breast augmentation, involves fat transfer or using breast implants to enhance the appearance of your breasts. This cosmetic surgery is an excellent option to acknowledge any dissatisfaction with your breast shape and size. If you are considering the surgical procedure, it helps to know how to prepare for it to ensure that you have a good experience. It will also ease your anxiety and aid in speedy recovery.
Planning for The Procedure
Learn about the Cosmetic Surgery Procedure
The first step to reducing your anxiety about breast augmentation is to familiarize yourself with the procedure. Learn what is involved in the surgery and get comfortable about undergoing it. Discuss any doubts and questions with your surgeon to make sure you are ready for the procedure.
Consider Your Physical and Emotional State
Overall health is a critical component of any surgery. If you are in good physical shape, you are more likely to heal and recover quickly. Also, emotional well-being is equally essential. It helps to keep the following in mind:
- Follow a well-balanced and nutritional diet.
- Maintain a healthy and stable weight.
- Be finished with breastfeeding at least 3-6 months before scheduling your surgery.
- Have realistic expectations about the procedure and the results.
Have a Reliable Financial Plan
It helps to have a reasonable idea about the cost of the breast augmentation procedure. Analyze your finances and have a sound plan in place to decrease the chances of anxiety and doubts about being able to afford the surgery.
Ask a Friend or Family Member to Help You
It is essential to find someone reliable who will be there for you before and after breast augmentation surgery. This is because you may need additional assistance for recovery and to help around the house.
Preparing for The Breast Augmentation Procedure
Make Post-Surgery Arrangements
It helps to be prepared for recovery when you get out of surgery. Get your affairs in order so you can relax and heal well without worry. Keep the following in mind:
- Ask for adequate time off work.
- Arrange for transportation after the surgery.
- Complete the essential chores such as paying bills, arranging daycare for children if necessary, laundry, meals, and more.
- Consider the post-op clothes you may need.
- Stock up on gauze, ice packs, vitamins, and other essentials your surgeon recommends.
The Day of Your Surgery
Listed below are a few things that will help you:
- Shower using only soap and water.
- Do not use body lotion, makeup, antiperspirant, hairspray, or any other grooming products.
- Remember to take any medicine that your doctor prescribes.
- Wear comfortable clothes on the day of your surgery.
Get Great Results with Our Breast Augmentation Experts
UELC is a reputable clinic for breast augmentation in Vaughan. We have a team of qualified surgeons to help patients achieve the results they desire through cosmetic surgery in Vaughan.
If you are considering breast augmentation, we can help. Talk to one of our consultants by calling 416-653-8352 for more information about the cosmetic surgery procedure. You could also schedule a complimentary consultation by filling out our online form. We’ll be happy to help you.